Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Happy 12th Birthday, Miss Sierra Elizabeth

 Ohhhkay.  Deep Breath.

 


My baby girl is 12 today.
 


I can't even say those words out loud without tears springing to my eyes
{I guess I can't even say it in my head, either, because ~ yeah ~ tears}.

 
 

Miss Sierra Elizabeth,
Our oldest baby girl.
The biggest big sissy.
You are twelve today.
And what a milestone that is.
 


You are the one I can count on for help in any situation.
 


The planner.
The organizer.
You are an old soul.


I always joke that when you are grown with a family of your own, you'll run a mighty tight ship.
You expect a lot.

But deep down, you have a tremendous love for others.
Miss Tay, for example.  She thinks you're about the greatest thing on earth.
And I think the feeling is mutual :)

 


You are my beautiful dancer.
I could watch you dance every day {and I guess I do!  You're always dancin' around}.
 


You love to have fun!
You are always up for a new adventure . . .
 


And while you are super comfy in your camo, sitting in a blind, hunting with Daddy,
 


 You are equally comfy in your dressiest dress, hair curled, earrings in, glammin' it up.
 


You are a perfect combination!
 


You love to go on nature walks,
photograph everything,
shop till you drop,
and write in your journal.
 


You are growing into a beautiful young lady, right before our very eyes.
 


And while I couldn't be prouder of who you are becoming,
 


I would be lying if I said it didn't make me a little sad too.
Sometimes I wish I could keep you just as you are.
Right here with me.

Love you so very much, baby girl!
Happiest birthday ♥


 
post signature
 

2 comments :

Jenny said...

I can't believe she is 12. Time goes so fast. Happy Birthday to Sierra! She's beautiful!

jennohara said...

I love watching your girls grow up. They are so beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin